Constructed by the Medina County Port Authority in 2011, the publicly-owned Medina County Fiber Network (MCFN) benefits our commercial and industrial sectors. It is directly responsible for attracting business to Medina County.
We have seen $343,689,375 in capital investment by MCFN customers from 2014-2018:
- They have created 1,003 new jobs with a payroll of over $34 million.
- They have retained 5,112 jobs.
- They have created or absorbed 2.2 million square feet of space.
What do these numbers mean?
If we divide projects created by Medina County Fiber Network customers by the county as a whole, it adds up to:
Nearly half of total payroll created, half of capital investment, half of square footage, and new jobs, and nearly three-quarters of jobs retained.
- 40% of total payroll created
- 48% of capital investment
- 49% of square footage
- 42% of new jobs
- 71% of jobs retained